In order to meet the challenges and workloads of the future, we are always ready to consider a new candidate to work in our company. This means that anyone with the faith in himself, and in us – with the right expertise or talent – can be a potential new colleague.
Today “Metal production” is recruiting professionals to build a highly motivated and skilled team in Lithuania.
We can guarantee good academic and personal development opportunities, academic exciting, challenging and varied tasks.
The Metal Production R&D team is looking for a Project Manager.
As a PM, you will be responsible for the successful execution of projects, from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix-style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
Metal Production headquartered in Siauliai, Lithuania, the R&D team executes a diverse portfolio of projects of non-standard equipment for industrial, marine, aquaculture, seaweed, and offshore sectors. The PM role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Metal Production’s mission to empower people with a growth mindset. As a development team, we learn from our failures so that we can drive innovation for the company.
The role of the project manager includes the following major tasks, responsibilities, and competencies:
- Leading the project team to achieve the defined project goals
- Drawing up the project planning (structuring, estimation of expenditure, deadlines)
- Defining the project organization, agreeing on tasks and responsibilities within the project team
- Technical and commercial project controlling (dates, costs, technical and economic objectives)
- Preparing and conducting phase decision meetings
- Representing the project outside the company
- Drawing up the development specification
- Issuing internal/external sub-orders for development services (in agreement with the heads of development and purchasing)
- Conducting hazard analyses e.g. FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Risk management and change management
- Deviation management (handling project problems, escalation)
- Clarifying the patent situation
- Complying with legal regulations (environmental protection, product safety, responsibility for instruction, and the like) and relevant standards
- Providing evidence of conformity that the above regulations and standards are being adhered to (product liability)
- Synchronizing the manufacturing and logistics concept with the heads of the relevant departments
- Clarifying the details of procurement (specifications, selecting suppliers, terms of business) in collaboration with the purchasing department
Quality assurance of the project (milestone reviews, design reviews, release of documents)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in an engineering field
2-5 years of relevant experience
- Leading and coordinating team members
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including engineering, operations, and logistics
- Commitment to develop, drive, and manage projects in a highly competitive market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal and external customers
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining product and industry knowledge. You will work in a team-oriented environment that accelerates operational efficiency.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of the product
- Suggest methods to improve operational efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and organizations
- Mechanical design for a complete product in Solidworks including parts, assemblies, and drawings with a special focus on cost-sensitive design for products in assembly mass production
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand designs and schematics
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Knowledge of subject areas of most relevance to 2D and 3D printing processes
- Knowledge of technical calculation methods
- Opportunities to grow professionally in a fast-paced, innovative field while working with the latest technologies on the market.
- Opportunities to contribute to breakthrough technology development for offshore aquaculture, CO2 and methane emission reduction
- A friendly, purpose-oriented team
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- Flexible working hours
Want to know more? Then apply!